Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seeking for Wisdom 01


I needed to steal away last night into the quiet. Into the place where it's just me and God. I kept hearing 'wisdom' and knew that instead of trying to lean unto my own understanding God was sending me to the book of proverbs.  I opened up to Chapter 10 and my eyes fell  upon verse 12.

"Hatred stirreth up strife but love covers all sins"

notice it says ALL sins...not just some...not just the ones we think may weigh as more serious than others...ALL SINS
Sin is sin, and the truth is, we all sin. But love covers a multitude of sins. God's love is so wide and deep that it covers our sins.  Could you image what it would be like if God was like "oh you sinned today, I can't love you anymore...'you sinned again are you kidding me? I can't believe you lied to me, i'm done with you." Praise God he loves us in the midst of our sins. He loves us when we trip, slip, and fall smack on our faces.  He loves us when we lie to Him, when we lie to ourselves.  God is not a God of strife and division.  Being upset and stirring up anger leads to strife (vigorous or bitter conflictdiscord, or antagonism) And that's not something we want being stirred up.
I don't now about anyone else but that is a beautiful revelation to embrace: love covers all sins.  

2 comments: