Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

my heart is racing

and I feel like any moment it will beat right out of my chest.

Nervous?
Scared?

Why is it everytime God prompts and pulls me towards speaking, sharing, utilizing my voice, I feel like I'm caught by the throat with no flow from my vocal chords to my lips moving and producing sound. Far too many times I've wrestled and stuck this fear on a shelf high, high away from visual notice. (Out of sight, out of mind right?)
It doesn't work like that when it's grafted/imprinted in your spirit.

Let up,
ease.
cease
He's drawn a line in the sand and on one side He wrote: FEAR, the other He wrote TRUST. Then He asked ,"My beloved why do you remain coupled with fear?"

I shamefull look down at my feet knowning it's time to change sides.
Prayers appreciated and welcomed.

speak
Speak

let go???

5 comments:

Suzy G said...

you already know the answer to your question. fear is a spirit and it is one of satan's means of silencing the saints so that those he continues to hold in bondage will never be free. one of my pastors said something very profound yesterday - that when you feel that way, remember that by not speaking up you are denying something - to God's elect and to those that need the opportunity to know Christ too.

you have not been given the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. and no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

Mrs. Hawk said...

thank you baby girl.
encouragement is always welcomed and embraced.
continue to pray

Mrs_PJ said...

i love this. i understand it well.

i have a new blog. it's weird will you read it? i don't know if i wrote everything i was sensing but i hope i got the basic idea across.

unxpektd said...

John 8:36
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

walk in your freedom miss Jennie. i'm praying for you but i already know that He who is in you is greater than he that is in this world!

Mrs_PJ said...

i'm so glad you overcame your fear, because of it we overcame the devil that night.