Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cast your cares upon HIM





Last night I was painting with no predestined direction. I painted one simple magenta blob. Then God began speaking to me and I started to paint more blobs but they were separated from one another and at first took no obvious shape. Then He said "from these blobs make them look like a broken heart". So I painted the broken heart.

The darker spots within the heart are those pieces that are consumed and shattered with deep, intense pain. The pieces that hurt the most. The pieces that have a lighter shade of pink hovering around them are the pieces that "the heart’s owner" has allowed God to begin working on. The lighter shade of pink represents the Holy Spirit working upon what has been broken. He is able to pour into the cracks and replace the jagged edges with His love and begin mending. Those pieces of the heart that share joint spots of surrender to the Holy Spirit, have stitches where the Father has stiched healing. It’s not a bandaid which just covers up the wound, but a stitch that begins pulling the pieces back together as ONE. The broken pieces have to remember how to fit back together again.

During the whole time I was painting and God kept giving me more to include, I heard Him saying "There are many who are hurting, and broken". Psalms 147:3 came into my spirit which is what I decided to title this piece.

So through this painting I hope to encourage some of you who may be broken and hurting. The Lord can heal your hurts, and the broken pieces. BUT we have to surrender them to HIm. We can’t keep holding on to the pain, the suffering. Sometimes when we hurt badly we don’t want to give it up so easily. We want to use our pain and hurt for a reason to stay down (I speak from experience). We often want everyone to KNOW that we’re broken and hurt and we want someone to care. Guess what? GOD CARES!

Allow Him to put you back together again.

Allow Him to pour His love into the cracks and crevices.

Allow Him to bring restoration into your life.

He’s a professional at fixing/mending broken hearts.

4 comments:

Suzy G said...

Beautiful art...beautiful testimony.

unxpektd said...

my issue is i dont really know how to give things to God. i want to move past so many different experiences in my life but they keep surfacing and the pain from the past comes back and brings me to my knees. i know i'm supposed to cast my cares unto the Lord but i just dont know what that truly means or how to do it correctly.

Mrs. Hawk said...

tahir-well it's kind of like when you sweep dirt under a rug, the floor looks clean but the dirt is still there. We have to let go of all our broken pieces and debris so that the Lord can clean up shop and heal our hearts. letting go is hard trust me i know, but it's much more beneficial to give the pain to God than keep it for ourselves..because eventually it will come back up if we haven't dealt with it.
God is ready for you to unload on Him because He does care for you!

unxpektd said...

thank you. i am learning what it truly means to trust God and to give my "issues" (for lack of a better word) to Him. sometimes i just get tired of losing battles and giving in to the flesh. i know God expects better of me and I know soon He will find me approved

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


actually i'm gonna write a blog about all of this, lol. thanks for being a friend, i value you very much