Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Isaiah on the front side (Chapters 1-6)

and so today's reading was make up from yesterday in Isaiah 1-6. I flipped back and forth between the MessageRemix and the KJV (gotta stay faithful to my King James). In the description of Isaiah, Peterson writes that Isaiah is the ultimate poet-prophet. His words do paint vivid colors of hope but yet do not water down the doom and destruction God spoke to him about regarding Judah and Jerusalem. He's real. Up front and center.

I read something in the study notes that stayed with me throughout my readings : HOLY, HOLY, HOLY..is not needlepoint..it is the banner of a revolution.::

The following are some things I jotted down while reading:

**1:6: "wounds and bruises and running sores..untended, unwashed, unbandaged." Eeeeek Lord-this describes a portion of the Church who is hurt and still suffering from various wounds. No more band aids and quick fixes Lord. Send restorative healing and watchful care to the tending of these wounds.

**Some of the stuff is get in your face because it's taking place (commotion vs worship) "When you come before me, whoever gave you the idea of acting like this? running here and there..doing this and that..all this sheer commotion in the place provided for worship"

I want my worship to be nothing in comparable to commotion.

**"I cannot stand your trivial religous games" Whenever I read chapter one of Isaiah I feel the heaviness of acts, fronts, works, religion,....doing without the heart part.

**Chapter 3- The Zion women and what they had turned into (seeking more of themselves, ourtward apperances, things/materials rather than the spiritual welfare of the nation) is a check to self evaluate as women where our priorities are. Remove any self righteousness and over concern with dress, fashion, etc...humble us to our inner beauty and cultivate our inner spirits Lord..We will not be compared with the daughters of Zion but rather to the Esthers and Ruths.

HOLY HOLY HOLY is the Lord God Almighty.
Let your robes feel the temples Lord



Blow me bubbles of love Lord
bubbles and hearts retro photography Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: