Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Salt and Light (Day 2 of 21)

Part of our reading was Matthew 4-5.I love this translation from the Message bible::

13"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?

14-16"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

2 comments:

Suzy G said...

All this talk of salt must not be helping with your fast either. LOL. Ok, lemme stop. teehee! Luv ya!

But I really enjoyed this post because I don't understand why Christians act so afraid their faith like they are ashamed of it. The righteous are as bold as a lion. (Prov. 28:1)

Mrs. Hawk said...

My first fast was only 24 hours so the salt thing didn't phase me:)

Yes I"m loven the message remix translation as of late