Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 1 of 21 days RECAP

Since God has been dealing with me about "sharing" more and not keeping things confined to my journals, I wanted to share my journey through the 21 days of engagement. Prayerfully someone will be touched, moved, changed by something I post here.

Receive: This week we are to receive God's love before doing anything else. Scripture focus: Psl 149:4, Jer 31:3, John 3:17, Rom 8:37-39). Psalms 149:4 really stuck out to me (For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people, HE WILL BEAUTIFY THE MEEK (humble) with salvation" I felt pressed to look up some scripture in the Message bible so I looked up Jeremiah 31:3 which says: " God told them I'll NEVER quit loving you and NEVEr will. Expect love, love, and more love."

As soon as I read that translation I felt the Lord come in and blanket me with His love. God will NEVEr quit loving us. I looked up NEVEr in the dictionary and this is what I found

nev⋅er    [nev-er]
–adverb
not ever; at no time
not at all; absolutely not
to no extent or degree

That is certainly a scripture to hide away in your heart and after I read it the Lord spoke to me and said:

"Strip yourselves bare of all that comes against, defiles, or is NOT of my love. Replace all garments of the past year with my cloak of love. I want to swallow and drown you in my love. Allow me to lavish you in My love"


Birthday scripture:
I was excited about discovering my birthday scripture and actually found a lot that really leapt out from the page
*Colossians 1:17
*Ephesians 1:17
*Romans 1:17
*Luke 1:17

Scripture reading of the day was from Luke Ch 1 and 2. I decided to go back to the Message Remix for my reading and was really ministered to...especially the prophecy of John the Baptist.

"He'll achieve great stature with God...drink neither wine nor beer, be filled with the Holy Spirit from the moment he leaves his mother's womb, he will turn many sons and daughters back to their God, he will herald God's arrival in the style and strength of Elijah, soften the hearts of parents to children, and kindle devout understanding among hardened skeptics..HE'LL GET THE PEOPLE READY FOR GOD"

I just feel very strongly that God is going to be anointing and raising up people to "prepare the way" and get a people ready for God. No longer will we sit idly in silence wallowing in our own selfish muck...


Fast:
First fast of the new year started at 6 pm yesterday and will end today at 6 pm (from dusk to dusk).

No comments: