Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New York Day Tres

This morning I woke up early to talk to David while he got ready for training and then he went and got us breakfast around 7:30.  I hadn't had coffee two days in a row so this morning was a treat to indulge in my dunkin dounuts coffee and biscuit.  Today David will be going to a school in the Bronx to observe an actual teaching of the dances.  I wanted to go but they are tight on space and no extra visitors were allowed. 

Yesterday during the day I was trying to recovery from feeling feverish so I read, slept, read, slept, etc.  David has been able to walk over for lunch so we were able to eat lunch together.  Once he got finished with training he showed me some of the dances and taught me a few steps.  Then we headed out for dinner.  We found this small taco joint called Maui Tacos.  You wouldn't notice it unless familiar with the area as it's space is very small.  We were drawn to the taco special (2 hard or soft tacos plus a drink for 5.99) I ordered beef and David ordered shrimp tacos.  They had a sauce and "condiment" bar (reminded me of a Moe's).  The tacos were very good, obviously more of a Maui style than the typical Mexian tacos I am used to.  They were non greasy and I could have been fine eating just one (as we had also ordered chips and salsa). I was pretty full from one and a half.  We both would def. recommend this as a place to eat in NYC.

After dinner we stayed around Manhatten to do a little shopping.  David needed some dress socks and another dress shirt for training.  We spent a good amount of time in the 3 story H and M store.  I wish we had one in Winston Salem.  We also went to Forever21 (3 stories) and Macy's again.  Before heading back to the hotel we headed to Korean way to check out Red Mango.

 

 

They have the BEST frozen yogurt and you get to choose your fruit toppings.  They also have smoothies and parfaits.  I got their Madagascar Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries:) MMMMMM. It was like heaven in my mouth.

On our way back to the hotel the swat team was across the street about a block away with the dogs and weapons. Not sure WHAT was going on but hopefully they got it all figured out. EH.

 

Posted via email from Love.Freely

No comments: