Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

New York Day Uno

So our flight had us in New York around 10:15 am yesterday.  Something fishy smelling leaked on my bag from the plane and left an annoying odor. At least it was only a small spot.

My first ever taxi car experience since 2000 in Cancun left me grabbing David's hand at the crazy spastic driving I experienced. I for sure thought we were going to get in a wreck.  Our driver had only been driving for 6 months but David told me that he was pretty calm in comparision.

Check in time for the Herald Sqaure Hotel wasn't until 3:00 pm so we got lockers to put our luggage in while we pulled out the attraction and map guide to scope a plan.  The rest of the afternoon was spent walking around the city near the hotel exploring the shops and attempting to do some shopping although I was pre cycle and totally a space cadet.  I wasn't in the mood to try on clothes.

My first purchase was from a Sephora store (2 stories) HEAVEN. David immediately found the bargains in the 9 story Macy's and got a 2 belts one for 4 and the other for 6 bucks (both were originally priced at 20.00)

We walked and shopped and walked some more up until check in.  Our room is one of the recent remodeled rooms and I will post pictures later when I get back into town (left my gadgets to upload at home). A nice long nap followed as we had been up since 4 am yesterday morning. 

We were going to head to Time's Square last night but the majority of what we wanted to see was closed being a Sunday so we opted for grabbing a slice of THICK AND GREASY NY pizza, walked around some more, then headed back to the hotel so David could iron his clothes and get ready for training.

I am not a fan of all the stinky city smells but hey such is the life in the city.  I def feel like the minority as everyone around me speaks in a foreign tongue.  I'm hoping to increase my prayer life in terms of gaining some new tongues to pray in. 

Check back in for Day 2

Posted via email from Love.Freely

No comments: