Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Days 2 and 3 of 40

My kitchen is adequately prepared with vegetables, fruits, water, and juices for my Daniel fast. God is helping to prepare the rest. I have dealt with a few spats of headaches but nothing major. I didn't realize how much crap I slam in my body on a daily basis. Bye bye to coffee and tea (to which I drink on a daily basis), but my body is adjusting well. It's crazy but I can slowly start to feel my body drain and rid itself of all impurities. Just in two days I have already been attune to things and quickened to hear things that before just weren't coming in clear. Kind of like I was tuned into A.M but God was speaking through the F.M channel.

I started reading in 1 kings about Elijah but have much more to digest and meditate upon. I am also reading the Elijah Revolution (Lou Engle and James Goll) as well as the journals of Jim Elliot. Yesterday afternoon before a quick nap there was a particular journal entry that spoke to me. It was from Jim's Oct 27th 1949 entry to which he was writing about what Christianity has become and what he prays a new generation will carry.

"Christianity has been analyzed, decried, refused by some; cooly eyed, submitted to, and it's forms followed by others who call themselves Christian. But alas, what emptiness in both! I have prayed for new men, fiery, wreckless men, possessed of uncontrollably youthful passion...these lit by the Spirit of God" I have prayed for new miracles. Explaining old miracles will not do. If God is to be known as the God who does wonders in heaven and earth, then God must produce for this generation.."

Oh how I pray dear Jim Elliot is witnessing the answering of his prayers even now. This generation is rising and falling into their appointed ranks. Lord YOU MUST produce for this generation! Our passion MUST be one of UNCONTROL. But is this not what the Call ..this huge fast is for/about? Are we not pulling on the heavenlies to fire will fall and revivial will rain down and literally shake and turn this generation upside down, flat on it's face, back..back to YOU???

God speaks even through journal entries written in 1949.

Let this just not be the "norm" or the thing to do cuz everyone else is doing it. "Well my youth group is fasting for the Call so I suppose I should to". NO God. Let it burn depths into souls with revelation that explodes and shoves individual as well as corporate purposes in everyones faces.

Today is Day 3 but my reflection time has not yet transpired, not to mention church is this evening and I come expecting.

2 comments:

Mrs_PJ said...

you write so wonderfully. i just can't seem to put into words what i'm feeling just yet. i would love to read jim elliot's diary. when you're done? oh, and pray for me, there is a weird wrestling going on in me right now.

Suzy G said...

first of all, many blessings on your fast. i will be praying for you in the midst of it.

second, yeah we load our bodies w/ junk all the time, and what happens in the physical is often a shadow of what happens in the spiritual.

third, of course the Most High transcends time, and His heart lives in His word...and when we read the hearts of those who walked closely with Him, we can be touched just the same.

like jim elliot, john bunyan, andrew murray, derek prince, hagin, and so forth and so on...

your layout is simple but attractive. i love it. i'm like...where are you getting these images for the header? gah! u need to fix mine. lol.

♥will be reading your posts continually♥ i'm excited about what God plans to show you.