Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Trusting and WAiting..Trusting and Waiting

After running errands I walked in the door and had a persistent press to find an old journal from 2005. It became a matter of urgency and for a split second I could not recall where I had placed it. Praise God for direction and leading me to the drawer by my nightstand. I feel I am to start reading through old notes, and writings and immediately I found things I wanted to share with others for surely someone somewhere may need something that is found on the scribbled pages.

It's funny how in 2005 I didn't understand a lot of the things God was giving me, didn't really live them in their fullness. But now the words leap into my soul and cling to the very things that dance within my spirit woman. Words and revelation have found a home and I gently welcome them in.

Elisabeth Elliot has wrote some excellent books (and her husband Jim Elliot has an amazing book full of his journal entries) and for awhile her words and meditations were really speaking to me, comforting me.
And as I looked back over the notes I had taken, I realized even now I am ..waiting...trusting..waiting..trusting.

All my longings lie open before You O Lord,
My sighing is not hidden from You.
My heart pounds, my strength fails me, even the light has gone from my eyes
I wait for You O lord. You WILL answer (psalm 38:9-10, 15)

Will and Desire (by Elisabeth Elliot)

*A pure heart is a single heart, not divided. A pure heart wills what God wills, no matter what the cost. Strength of will is to will against oneself to say "not my will-thine"*

*The Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded, therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed (isaiah 50:7)

*God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good*

*As we learn to fear, honor, and reverance Him, our desires themselves are gradually corrected. Things for which we once burned with desire, lose their appeal. We learn to love what He commands and to desire nothing that He does not promise* (my favorite!)

*Let us not make the mistake of directing our energies toward what is not today's business. The best preperation for the future is always the conscientious carrying out of what is given to us today* (How many times have I exhausted myself with things that are not today's business. Too often, too frequently. Not moving ahead too soon, staying where God says stay, move when He says move)



Let me not keep things hidden, up on the shelf to collect dust.

1 comment:

Mrs_PJ said...

hmm. yes. that is a good word for TODAY.