Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Loving God, Loving Others

Somedays we are more prone to irritability from the stupidity of those around us. Today has been one of those days where as my friend Zanne stated in her last blog, "I do not like people".
And as I sit here thinking about all the stupid and retard things people around me do, and the wacked out decisions that they make, I couldn't help but hear "Loving God..loving others..loving God...loving others.

For when it boils down to it...bottom line this is what we are called to do.
"27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]" -Luke 10:27-

and then again here in John 15:12: This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you"

Yikes. So first I am called to love God with my entire knitted and fabricated self which HE created and formed while I was in the womb. THEN I am called to love my neighbors not just as I love myself..but just as Christ has loved me. The reality of what that means and entails to is beyond my natural understanding, for I am currently in a "i don't like people" mood. Then again this breaks my ughness and switches the perspective off of how I feel, and back to God and what He's asking me to do. Not because I want to or don't feel like it, but because GOD is asking and commanding me to love in this fashion.

It's not about me
It's not about you
it never was
it's about God

Send revelation of Your love God so that we may love others as You love us

3 comments:

Mrs_PJ said...

hmm. yup. why do we make is so complicated when it's so simple. hormones? emotions? flesh? what?

Mrs. Hawk said...

hm all of the ABOVE. i think FLESH sums it all up though.
flesh
dirty
sin

Angie said...

this is an awesome insight